A warm and greatfully overdue "Aloha" @all fellow-developers ;)

I've been scrwaling these forums for weeks and been reading up on OFBiz so
that I'm finally feeling well-prepared for a first hello. I myself am a
developer from Germany who has been working various on eCommerce platforms
for quite some time now. (I actually developed a slick new one from scratch
myself: www.bazaaria.com - but that's a different story). I am currently in
the midst of developing an online-commerce platform for a company and while
reading up on all the ones available, fell in love with OFBiz. So I pushed
the idea of builing it all around this neat package and got everybody
onboard.

The only downside so far is that I am having a hard time reading up on the
details. I know that there are some well-written tutorials, but those are
scattered around the web, so I can't really find the right place to start. I
already got everything setup and am now trying to get a hang out of the
actual system. To be honest, I am still having dificulties getting
everything together, so perhaps there is somebody out there, who could hint
me to a solution?

As far as I understood it, everything starts with a new package in the
hot-deploy folder. From there I can create and edit my new platform,
correct? Now, what I'm still not getting is, where the CMS and most
difficulty of all PartyManager comes into play. If I am really adding
everything by hand in form of XML-Screens in that hot-deploy folder, then
what would I need the cms/partymanager for?

Is there a documentation available that gives me further insight into that
matter?