BJ,

I can follow your reasoning. And it would be the simplest thing to do for
customers (Bill-to role?) and Suppliers.
Using ContactMechs for displaying bank related info in communications and
transaction documents (e.g. purchace and sales orders, invoices) would be
the easiest route to go.
But these details may not be editable by everyone who can just add
ContactMechs (preferrably restricted to persons in some kind of accounting
role).

But for the organisations using OFBiz (company and subsidiaries) this is a
bit more complex. A bank account is more than just a ContactMech. It is a
part of the accounting schemas and needs to be auditable....That is what the
transactions in the general ledger (and AP and AR, etc) are for.

A CFO doesn't care less what everybody does with ContactMechs as long as his
part of the system (FICO, AP, AR, etc) are in order and auditable.

Regards,

Pierre