Hi Jack,
The fields you fill get sets in the environment so that the next page
can retrieve their values.Such values are retrieved from parameters
map.You find the values against those fields are automatically
filled,this is because the values are fetched as parameters.firstName etc.

Thanks & Regards:
- -
Ashish Nagar