BJ Freeman wrote:
from an ofbiz view this should be a class in the CSS.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 12/17/2008 12:11 PM:
Ok your right.

you must specify 'style="white-space: pre;"', which specifies
pre-formatted text handling as in an HTML <pre> area.

so
http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_textarea
paste in
<textarea cols="80" style="white-space: pre;">
At W3Schools you
will find all the Web-building tutorials you need,
 from basic HTML to advanced XML, SQL, ASP, and PHP.

Jacek Wagner sent the following on 12/17/2008 11:48 AM:
Sorry it did not do it. --Jacek

       <field name="bodyText"><textarea  default-value="${name}, \n\r
Thank you for ordering Birthday Party Event.
           This is to confirm that we received  your order ${orderId}
for the workshop ${productName}.
           The show start on ${eventDate} at ${eventTime}.
           Please give yourself 15 minutes before the beginning of the
workshop.
           Thank you for your order.
           Sincerely, LHS"/></field>

BJ Freeman wrote:
are you following the standard format for generating emails?
if so you can define and html and use html code for a break.
however if you looking for manual way to input in to a text area then
use the unix convention of \n (linefeed) then \r is a carriage return
and will give you a double linefeed.

Jacek Wagner sent the following on 12/17/2008 11:06 AM:
All,

I am sending email confirmation without attachment. I would like to
format bodytext using textarea.default-value.
Is it any way add line feed character into bodyText text?

example instead of having
Mr Brown, thank you for your order ...
have
Mr Brown,
thank you for your order

Jacek

I have created class in ccs:
textarea {
color: #999999;
white-space: pre;
}
and it did not make any difference other than the color of the font.

puzzled Jacek