It's fairly simple, the code you have written (including configuration settings for service defs, etc) has caused a deadlock. To fix it, change your code.

As for MySQL versus MSSQL... well... it is an oft-lamented fact that MySQL is not as strict as other databases about pesky things like "transactions" and "foreign keys". Of course, in this case it may simply be different transaction isolation levels you are using for the different databases. It is certainly the case the a deadlock in one tx isolation level will have no problem in a less strict one.

-David