David in he Deployments I just id i have them set at 512, however if I
look at the processes running the memory usage show 600+ megs.
the caution is if you are running other things like a desktop that takes
another 100-200mb. that puts it close to the limit when Cron jobs run.

if you just run the ofbiz server only with out other processed, like
webmin, and Desktop with VNC then you correct.

David E Jones sent the following on 5/12/2009 4:01 PM:

> Having 2GB of RAM is actually excessive for smaller deployments (ie if
> you don't have a lot of traffic/users/etc).
>
> A pretty safe minimum is about 512MB, and that takes into account the OS
> overhead (usually around 1/3 of memory).
>
> -David
>

> On May 12, 2009, at 4:08 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> dedicated hosting can be had for 80-$100.
>> if they will put unbuntu or centos 5 on the server you are ready
>> just did both.
>> Just use SVN commands to install ofbiz.
>> you can compile and run in less than 15 min OOTB.
>> if plan running a desktop as well as ofbiz suggest atleast 2gigs of
>> memory.
>> also you can get support for a higher price if you just want to be a
>> user, and let them do all the work. Contegix, that host the ofbiz demo
>> servers, is one such host.
>>
>> vizu'a pipo sent the following on 5/12/2009 9:16 AM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been exploring ofbiz am in the process of deciding whether to
>>> deploy
>>> it or not. I intend to setup two stores. I got a few questions regarding
>>> ofbiz setup and hosting
>>> 1. I was wondering if there are any indications (document or experienced
>>> usage) on what the hosting requirements would be for such a small
>>> project,
>>> e.g. Size of MySql DB, hosting space?