ExampleSecurityData.xml is the best xml file to take as an example.
I hope you have uploaded the security data.

Following things you can do, so that it will be helpful for others in the
group also to chime in and help you.

Login as admin
Click on the Party
Click on the Security sub-tab
Check whether your new SecurityPermissionGroup is listed or not.

Login as admin
Do you see your XYZ component in the main application bar?
You should see XYZ, otherwise there is a basic issue in creating the XYZ
component.

-Aswath