In the current code base the default value is set in the GeronimoTransactionFactory.defaultTransactionTimeoutSeconds variable, which is passed into the GeronimoTransactionManager object when it is created.

In older code, like 4.0, it is set differently. The easiest way to find it is still to look at the *TransactionFactory class that is referred to in the entityengine.xml file (near the top) and see how the default is set.

-David

On May 28, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Mmm, too quick... Actually it seems to be 120 seconds and set by pool.setMaxWait(120000); I was abused by the OFBiz documentation which says that it's 60 seconds and saw after that in pool.setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis(600000); it's actually 10 mins...
The doc is here http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html
Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
For the embedded Geronimo it's set à 60 seconds
see DBCPConnectionFactory.java[96]
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/BasicDataSource.html#setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis(long)

Jacques

From: "mayo" <albertmay...@hotmail.com>

I've been searching through the mailing list and google, but can't find if there is a default transaction timeout for OFBiz. I have read that I should set my system's "SO". I googled on this and there was little help. Does OFBiz 4.0 use this system SO as its default timeout value? If so, can
someone point me in the right direction for setting it for Linux?