Hi Prashanth ,
A quick solution for you to find out the attached zip file of practice and match code with that and find out where you doing wrong.

Regards
Ravindra Mandre

jillas wrote:
Hi Ravindra

    Please find ofbiz-component.xml below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ofbiz-component name="practice"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/ofbiz-component.xsd";>
      <resource-loader       name="main" type="component"/>
          <classpath type="dir" location="config"/>
          <classpath type="dir" location="script"/>
          <classpath type="jar" location="build/lib/*"/>
          <service-resource type="model" loader="main"
location="servicedef/services.xml"/>
          <service-resource type="eca" loader="main"
location="servicedef/secas.xml"/>
          <entity-resource type="eca" reader-name="main" loader="main"
location="entitydef/eecas.xml"/>
          <entity-resource type="model" reader-name="main" loader="main"
location="entitydef/entitymodel.xml"/>
          <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="demo" loader="main"
location="data/PracticeData.xml"/>
    <webapp name="practice"
       title="Practice"
       server="default-server"
       base-permission="OFBTOOLS"
       location="webapp/practice"
       mount-point="/practice"
       app-bar-display="true"/>
</ofbiz-component>

Ravindra Mandre wrote:
Hi Prashanth ,
controller.xml entries are look fine , but I suggest you to again go through the part 3 of this tutorial and make sure you make entry in ofbiz-component.xml for service.
hope that help

Regards
Ravindra Mandre

jillas wrote:
Hi Ravindra

      Please find the controller.xml below, and let me know any
modifications in it.

<request-map uri="personform">
           <security https="false" auth="false"/>
           <response name="success" type="view" value="personform"/>
</request-map>
<request-map uri="createPracticePerson">
        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
        <event type="service" invoke="createPracticePerson"/>
        <response name="success" type="view" value="personform"/>
</request-map>
<request-map uri="updatePracticePerson">
        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
        <event type="service" invoke="updatePracticePerson"/>
        <response name="success" type="view" value="personform"/>
</request-map>
<request-map uri="deletePracticePerson">
        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
        <event type="service" invoke="deletePracticePerson"/>
        <response name="success" type="view" value="personform"/>
</request-map>
<view-map name="personform" type="screen"
page="component://practice/widget/PracticeScreens.xml#personform"/>

Thanks & Regards
Prashanth Jilla

Ravindra Mandre wrote:
jillas wrote:
Hi

   I am new to ofbiz, I am practicing CRUD operations from the
tutorial.
While creation I am getting an error as below:
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error rendering included form named
[main-decorator] at location
[component://practice/widget/PracticeForms.xml]:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Error rendering included form named
[main-decorator] at location
[component://practice/widget/PracticeForms.xml]:
java.lang.NullPointerException)

could you please post your controller.xml entry for calling update service and form in which you are making update operation.

Regards
Ravindra Mandre
And on updation I am getting an error as below:
org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Service invocation error
(Could not find SimpleMethod XML document in resource:
component://practice/script/org/hotwax/practice/PracticeServices.xml)

Please let me know how to solve this erors.

Thanks & Regards
Prashanth Jilla