Fantastic! Thanks for the tips, David, Freeman.. I could get it working for
both cases regular pagination as well as export by changing

<set field="viewSize" from-field="parameters.VIEW_SIZE" type="Integer"
default-value="1000"/>

<set field="parameters.VIEW_SIZE_1" from-field="parameters.VIEW_SIZE"
type="Integer" default-value="1000"/>

So, looks like the parameter is VIEW_SIZE_1.. Interestingly I don't see this
used anywhere else in ofbiz. Need to dig deeper perhaps but looks like the
<set field="viewSize" is being used at several places for pagination. So, is
there a better way to fix it for all cases rather than changing the line
above (I haven't checked other cases but going to do shortly)? Sorry, I am
still trying to get my head around how this works.

-Aray