Never mind my previous note.. Was able to get it working with an entry as
below

        <field name="MyaccountId"  entry-name="glAccountId">
                <display></display>
        </field>

This outputs with the XML tag using the name supplied. :-)

Almost there, now the last hurdle. The output
<OrganizationGlAccount>
..
</OrganizationGlAccount>

comes enclosed within
<OrganizationGlAccountExport></OrganizationGlAccountExport>

Need to change both of these to look something like

<MyGlAccountExport>
<MyGlAccount>
..
</MyGlAccount>

</MyGlAccountExport>

Continuing to explore and of course amazed at the powerful things that the
framework can do!

- Arays