From: David E Jones [mailto:d...@me.com]
Sent: 13 Juli 2009 8:07
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: functional training

Yes, thanks BJ. There are some introductory videos available for free
download:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diag
rams

These include a complete introduction to the OFBiz Framework and an
overview with examples for all primary best practice tools.

Related to that Advanced Framework Course, I did a complete set of
videos for that way back when, and the full transcript is available
for free on the attachments to this page (the goal for putting them
there was to get the applicable material transferred to the XSD files
for in-editor reference, and it is helpful for general stuff too):

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Advanced+Framework+Transcription+Work+
Plan

Of course, neither of these have been updated for a while. The
business side of this was interesting: it took me about 1 month
working full-time (plus hiring a technical writer for 1 month full-
time to transcribe the videos) to prepare for and produce these, and
then about 2.5 years selling them at $250 (then later much less) to
recover the investment.

I may do that again at some point, but am not in a position to right
now and in general I consider the UBPL effort a much higher priority
(and one that should help a LOT with information more helpful for end-
users).

A good effort recently mentioned is one by Ruth Hoffman. I talked to
someone who reviewed what she has done so far and evidently she has
quite a lot done already. If we're all lucky she'll have something
published soon! From talking with her I also understand that she wants
to do training along with this, and I hope that I can support her in
those efforts as I agree they are of great value for the project!

-David