Fra: Ruth Hoffman [mailto:rhoff...@aesolves.com]
Sendt: 13. juli 2009 16:48
Til: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Emne: Re: functional training

Hello All:
To start with, this documentation and training will be end-user in
nature. I am starting with the eCommerce component and the Catalog
Manager because I have the most end-user experience with those. [And,
IMHO, these are tremendous selling points for the project.]

I plan to expand to the other components as time permits and a
component's functionality can be easily related to eCommerce functions.
(For example, Order Entry and product fulfillment as related to the
eCommerce storefront.)

I'll keep this list posted on my progress.
Regards,
Ruth
BJ Freeman wrote:
> is Ruth's technical or end user? the original thread was about getting
> end user docs.
>

> David E Jones sent the following on 7/12/2009 6:07 PM:
>
>> Yes, thanks BJ. There are some introductory videos available for free
>> download:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diag
rams

>> These include a complete introduction to the OFBiz Framework and an
>> overview with examples for all primary best practice tools.
>>
>> Related to that Advanced Framework Course, I did a complete set of
>> videos for that way back when, and the full transcript is available for
>> free on the attachments to this page (the goal for putting them there
>> was to get the applicable material transferred to the XSD files for
>> in-editor reference, and it is helpful for general stuff too):

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Advanced+Framework+Transcription+Work+
Plan

>> Of course, neither of these have been updated for a while. The business
>> side of this was interesting: it took me about 1 month working full-time
>> (plus hiring a technical writer for 1 month full-time to transcribe the
>> videos) to prepare for and produce these, and then about 2.5 years
>> selling them at $250 (then later much less) to recover the investment.
>>
>> I may do that again at some point, but am not in a position to right now
>> and in general I consider the UBPL effort a much higher priority (and
>> one that should help a LOT with information more helpful for end-users).
>>
>> A good effort recently mentioned is one by Ruth Hoffman. I talked to
>> someone who reviewed what she has done so far and evidently she has
>> quite a lot done already. If we're all lucky she'll have something
>> published soon! From talking with her I also understand that she wants
>> to do training along with this, and I hope that I can support her in
>> those efforts as I agree they are of great value for the project!
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Jul 12, 2009, at 6:39 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>>

>>> you can contact David and ask about a class that would be the best
>>> advantage.
>>> He used to do that.
>>> in fact there is an outline he uses for advance frame work course.
>>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Advanced+Framework+Course
>>>
>>> SELC Sales Div sent the following on 7/12/2009 5:31 PM:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=ta
b_pro