Use a form definition like the following in your hot-deploy app:
<form name="MyEditProduct" extends="EditProduct" extends- resource="component://product/webapp/catalog/product/ProductForms.xml>
</form>

If you search around there are a few examples of how it is used.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com