Hi

I've done some work on documenting the OFBiz accounting functionality and
yes it does post unreconciled transactions.

Whether you allow the system to do this is dependent on what business
process you want to implement. Some businesses will do their reconciliations
on posted transactions and then do any resulting reversals or adjustments,
others may want to reconcile the transactions before they post. I've seen it
done both of these ways.

I think the question to ask is which way does your business do it now? (And
do they want to keep doing it in the future?)

>From what I've seen of the account reconciliation functionality in OFBiz I
personally would say that it's not complete. For example it doesnt show
whether its a debit or credit transaction or if the amount to be reconciled
is increasing or reducing the balance in account. It also does not 'carry
forward' any balance of a previous reconciliation done on an account.

I like to think of account reconciliation like a bank statement that you
receive each month. It has an opening balance that should be the same as the
closing balance of your previous statement. It then shows each transaction
as a positive or a negative with a resulting balance on each line and a
final closing balance (that will be the start of your next statement).

Not sure if this was the type of response you were looking for but hope it
helps.

Thanks
Sharan