I was not aware about that, where has it been discussed ?

Jacques

From: "snowch" <sno...@coralms.com>

That's excellent news!

Ashish Vijaywargiya-5 wrote:

I think it will be available in next 2 months. This is the information that I got from my colleague Anil. Community is thinking to go in the way that Ubuntu is going on. Its like release branch in each 6 month.

Sorry for giving you the wrong information as I didn't remember the final words from the mailing list.

--
Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
"Helping hand around the world"

Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:
Regarding to next major release branch:
Nothing is decided yet in this area but probably it will come at around March- April of next year, but I am not sure about this. Just so you know the release branch 9.04 came into existence after two years from that of release branch 4.0.

So we can't say about the exact date and time at this moment.
Why you don't want to go with the trunk?
--
Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
"Helping hand around the world"
snowch wrote:
I don't have specific requirements for accounting functionality at the
moment, but my market is SME's who would probably want ofbiz to run
their
whole business  -  e.g. replacing their quickbooks software, and then me
developing custom components for their niche needs.

I would feel a bit nervous going with trunk for new features.  When is
the
next major release of ofbiz planned?

Ashish Vijaywargiya-5 wrote:
Hello Chris,

Please see my comments inline:

--
Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
"Helping hand around the world"

snowch wrote:
Hi Sumit/Sharan,

Would you consider the accounting functionality in 9.04 to be
production
ready?
It depends on individuals need and the business requirements of end
user.
Accounting functionality is quite mature in Release Branch 9.04.

Couple of work is going on in the area of AR & AP now a days.
So if your requirements is moving around AR & AP then you should opt trunk revision.
What functionality is missing in 9.04 that you would require mandatory
(e.g.
ability to reconcile any account)?
Again it depends.
Please share what you are trying to do with Accounting module.
This will help someone to locate those features if exists in release branch for you.

Will Sumit's new functionality for accounting that is in trunk be
back-ported to 9.04?
Only bug fixes can be back ported to Release Branch 9.04.
So if you want to see the new feature available for you then you should go with trunk.

Many thanks,

Chris