Hi BJ:
I use GIMP & Photoshop often. The problem is that the average Catalog Manager user wouldn't have a clue where to start with GIMP. I was thinking that something more user friendly built into the Catalog Manager, would be nice. Something similar to what the (PHP) Gallery software has. A Gallery user doesn't need to know anything about photo imaging - just that they want to have a list of photos on the Gallery web page. Something that would automatically do thumbnails and all the kinds of formatting necessary, based on the number of images per page and other store and catalog settings.
Thanks
Ruth

BJ Freeman wrote:
or external image processing I use GIMP.
You can do scripts for bulk processing.

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 8/25/2009 11:38 AM:
Hi BJ:
A while back I was thinking about integrating some image manipulation
packages into OFBiz so that it had some dynamic image sizing and
conversion capabilities especially for catalog images. Something like
ImageMagick and/or NetPBM. Don't know much about Java tools to do this.
Have you looked at anything like this? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ruth

BJ Freeman wrote:
would require some customization.
are you a end user or developer?

ngterry sent the following on 8/25/2009 7:38 AM:
Hi,

What should I do if I need an photo album to show the new products
from the
suppliers to the customers? Let the customers pre-order the products
(prices
are not determined yet, just tell the customers the prices roughly. Do I
have to install other CMS to support it?

Regards,
Terence