I'm not the best communicator in these forums, I realize.

I understand the service architecture pretty well, and have explored the
applications that relate to my business requirement in some depth.  I didn't
intend to come across as skeptical of the design, but rather, curious as to
whether there are performance and/or scaling considerations that are
addressed by the static procedure calls.
Are server JRE's happier with static members?  Is there a lesser need for
runtime optimizations?  Does this make it simpler to scale the application
by deploying multiple servers?

It's early in our development effort, but we have been wondering about the
scalability of OFBiz (or specifically, of the product/order applications for
inventory control and supply chain).  I shouldn't change the subject
mid-thread this way, so I will try to formulate more specific questions
about scaling.

I'm hoping for more specific advice than is found here:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Scaling+and+Performance+Plan

I also wonder if anyone can share a case study of OFBiz applied to
industrial supply chain, say with multiple facilities or unusual product /
work effort configurations.

--
James McGill
Able Engineering