Hi,

I am trying to get party entries to be a little more fine grained. For now
it seems like there are only two types in use 'person' & 'partygroup'. The
some more based on whether the party person is primarily an employee or
contractor etc. Which is a better option to go about the same?
a) Use roles to distinguish between different types. This may cause
integrity problems since any workflow based on roles may break if the roles
are changed down the line.
b) Use the partyTypeId to distinguish. This seems like a cleaner approach.
However, I am unable to find out how and where partyTypeId is set. I would
expect to extend person with sub types as employee, contractor etc, say as
below

    <PartyType description="Employee" hasTable="N" parentTypeId="PERSON"
partyTypeId="EMPLOYEE"/>
    <PartyType description="Contractor" hasTable="N" parentTypeId="PERSON"
partyTypeId="CONTRACTOR"/>

Looking for some inputs/suggestions.

Thanks
Arays