The urls should be:
http://build.ofbiz.org/builds/ofbiz-trunk-current.zip
http://build.ofbiz.org/builds904/ofbiz-rel9.04-current.zip

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

On 6/10/2009, at 5:41 AM, MavrickIT wrote:

Hey Hoffman,
Thanks for the solid solution. But I am stuck in again.
$wget http://build.ofbiz.org/ofbiz-trunk-current.zip or
$wget http://build.ofbiz.org/ofbiz-rel9.04-current.zip
typing those commands ofbiz.zip is not downloaded anyway.
so, have no idea of downloading it. What should be the command exactly. even
I tried lw-download something like this. Not working.
I find an error 404 not found. like the page cannot be found in any browser
we see. 404 error means the same.
So.. please help me.
Thanks

Ruth Hoffman-2 wrote:

Hello MavrickIT:
IMHO, take baby steps: Start by downloading a "zip'd" version from the wiki, http://build.ofbiz.org and not the Subversion (SVN) package. The
instructions regarding which download is appropriate given your
situation are confusing at best. I prefer to keep it simple when getting
started. A little excerpt from my recent book:

   Currently, if you visit the OFBiz site and decide to download a
   version,
you have several options. The easiest thing to do is follow the big
   download button and get the "nightly build". This is a prepackaged
   version
ready to unzip and run. Nightly builds contain everything necessary to execute the demonstrations discussed in this book. They also contain
   all
the source code and other artifacts including build scripts that are
   used to
create the nightly builds. In other words, you get "all that and the
   source
   too"!

You won't need Tomcat, SVN or Ant to download a nightly build and get up and running quickly. Simply, create the directory you wish to run OFBiz
in (make sure that Java is on the classpath while working in this
directory), change to that directory, unzip your file there and startup
OFBiz. For example:

1) Create a directory such as /home/ofbiz
2) Download the zip file to your new directory. You will have something
that looks like this: /home/ofbiz/ofbizdownload.zip
3) Unzip your file using something like gzip (Not sure what the Ubuntu
unzip command is.)
4) Move to the unzipped file location doing something like: cd
/home/ofbiz/ofbizdownload
4) Run the Unix OFBiz invocation script that comes with the
distribution: ./startofbiz.sh
5) Navigate to the ecommerce startup page http://localhost:8080/ecommerce
6) Observe that you see the ecommerce landing page

Once you understand what you've got out-of-the-box and you are ready to
do some development work, then consider downloading from SVN.

Regards,
Ruth Hoffman
http://www.myofbiz.com

MavrickIT wrote:
Thanks Patel for trying to help me out. I have gone through the links
already
that you gave me. Thing is, I already installed JRE6, full SDK, and
tomcat,
SVN, ANT etc. These were installed in root by default.
I created folder /home/ofbiz. So, there is nothing inside ...home/ ofbiz$
I performed svn co http://svn.apache......
Even I tried svn co http://................../ofbiz9+ and svn co
http://......../ofbiz4.0

So, how could I download ofbiz or even extract it, I don't know. Even,
from
where to download it?
Some google sites say, to download ofbiz separately and extract it to
/home/ofbiz user. Somewhere
(http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Demo+and+Test+Setup+Guide) it's
shown that, "OFBiz with embedded Tomcat".
I can't find any exact solution. I am yet confused what should I type @
the
terminal for installing Ofbiz from the beginning.
Waiting for any suitable reply.:-(
Thank you.

Anil Patel-3 wrote:

Hi,

For quick setup use
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Demo+and+Test+Setup+Guide

Please see following documents to setup development/staging environment.

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide

Regards
Anil patel