Hi Scott,

Yes, I too thought of improving the already implemented service, I always
have that as a first preference, and all should, to make more better code.

Now coming back to the issue, below is what I have already comment in

This error is because the party (customer) doesn't have the ORDERMGR_CREATE
or ORDERMGR_ADMIN permission, but we can't give this permission to a
customer, further as the common service is called from ecommerce and order
manager for cancel, the solution will be to check the party's role, if its a
CUSTOMER, then I guess we can use the SYSTEM user in place of the
PARTY(CUSTOMER), for this we need to give ORDERMGR permission to the SYSTEM
user. But then it will seem as if the SYSTEM user has cancelled the order
and
not the CUSTOMER ?

The only thought that came to my mind to improve the permission check
service is as above, but then I guess it will lead to some other issues.

- Abdullah