Having it as a special purpose app, does not mean that you couldn't use it in other apps. Keeping them separate really depends on the design and how they'd be utilized - both independently or as a part of ecommerce. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing more ideas around how it might be used so that that decision can be made.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert