I know there was some effort to implement Real Estate Rental long back. More
recently there is other thread on list where people mention about what they
have implemented as solution for Rental business.

I have to admit, Its not available OOTB in shape you will like it. Also quick
work around will not get you the solution that will last.

If you have enough time, Please put your requirements on Apache Ofbiz wiki and
send link to it on this list. If you lead the conversation appropriately there
will be people who will help you model the system and to some extent help you
implement as well.

In my opinion, implementation of such system will require help of experienced
ofbiz developer.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc