Hi Cimballi

The current rental facilities within ofbiz are based on the rental of
non movable objects like hotelrooms. These rooms are represented as
fixed assets and a calendar is maintained if and how many are rented
out. So the system does know if a fixed asset is available or not.

The reason of using fixed assets is the possibility to have maintenance
activities on these fixed assets which make them unavailable for
renting.

You could make an function on top of the fixed asset,  registering if a
fixed asset is picked up or not with a connection to the order.
A screen for fixed assets expected to go out and a list of fixed assets
expected to come in.

sounds not too difficult?

Regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates