We are running a mysql 5.x database with 4 applications servers on the same
db.  We use the GenericDelegator.getNextSeqId() a lot in our code and simple
methods.  The default is for the sequencer to increment by 10 but under
heavy loads we are seeing the SequenceValueItem table get really hot with
updates that lock.

We would like to avoid the frequency of locks on this table by increasing
the increment from 10 to 100 or bigger.

Is this done in a configuration file?  I see a method
 GenericDelegator.getNextSeqId(seqName, staggerMax) that would probably work
but is this also available in a simple method.

Thanks,

Brett