David,

We are at revision 806775 of the trunk.

We mostly use the sequencer through simple methods using the "<sequence-id..
" command.  I had assumed this was done in a separate transaction but is
that not the case?  What is the recommended way to generate unique IDs for
entities using simple methods?  Do we need to create separate services for
getting the ID and call that in a separate transaction?

Brett