Hi Tim:
Since you asked:

I'd like to have a download site where any user, especially a new user, could visit, feel comfortable about the project (and life in general), and then proceed about the business of downloading code. Easy, simple and painless. Yes, the nightly builds are a HUGE step in that direction. Thanks again to everyone who makes this possible. But, lets put that in perspective: That only makes the process of downloading easier.

I'd also like to have a seat on the project's oversight group. I don't understand how a project of this magnitude can continue to grow and prosper without business oriented people helping to guide it. The oversight group (whoever they happen to be) is like a bunch of very clever "foxes" guarding the "chicken coop". (Where the "chicken coop" is the code base.) There is so much more to making software successful than anything clever "foxes" will ever have time to consider.

Actually, I take that back. If I'm part of the committer's group, I won't be able to "whine" and "troll" from the comfort of my desktop anymore.

Regards,
Ruth

Tim Ruppert wrote:
Thanks - again that was super helpful.
I took the time to lay it out like a towel what was there, what looks to be
broken when we migrated to the ASF infra and no you wont' go thru it?  There
are some obvious spots for you to say something or point to projects you like,
but you just continue to roll your eyes.  I didn't push for or want this move
to the ASF infra - but I'm still trying to help here.

What else do you want here Ruth?
Cheers,
Ruppert