Hello, this functionnality already exists on neogia addons project. On your OFBiz instant, you install ofbiz-generators addon and the system generator java class for entitymodel analyse.

If you want try, I download addon manager at this address http://addons.neogia.org/addonmanager.tar and deploy in your hot-deploy directory.
Run ofbiz  and in admGui install ofbiz-generators
After on your ofbiz home run : ant -f generate.xml

After that you have some new generate class to do in your javafile :

String partyId = party.getPartyId();
or
String partyId = context.get(Party.partyId);

Nicolas

Cimballi a écrit :
Hi David !

As an intermediate user (let's say level 2on 4), to help understand
what kind of user I am, I think it would be very interesting to have
java classes which represents the data model. I don't say one object
per table because maybe it's not the better solution, even if it seems
to be the most logical way to do it. Also, I don't think it's so
important to support another ORM framework, like Hibernate. OFBiz has
its own ORM framework and I am ok with that. The fact about having
java classes is that it would provide an easier way to write code in
an IDE with coe completion, and it would avoid a lot of errors in the
writing of the fields names. It would also provide easy search methods
on fields, for now if you search where you used the field
"description" for an entity X, you can search on the fields name but
can distinghuish on the entity.

On another side, it would be good to have the ORM framework developed
and packaged separatly from whole OFBiz project, to be able to easily
reuse it in other projects. It could be a big boost for the ORM
framework as more developers would be able to use it.

That's my opinion, and thanks for readind it ! ;-)

Cimballi