This could just be a problem with a failure to maintain the session between
HTTP and HTTPS requests (ie you're getting one HTTP session and one HTTPS
session) because the jsessionid isn't forced when going between HTTP and HTTPS.
There are configuration/deployment options to help take care of this on a lower
level, and at some point (don't remember when) the URL writing code in OFBiz
was changed to force a jsessionid when going between HTTP and HTTPS.

-David