Hi All,

I was just thinking out loud and I thought I’d post it to the community and
see what you guys thought.

Has the community ever considered and "App Store" type of approach to
customizations? What I mean by this is taking pieces\modules that you’ve
developed but not given back to the core project for whatever reason (be it
not practical for the core or just not worth the time to maintain) and
packaging it for sale. It might also encourage more committers over time.

The way I could see it happening is that a contributor take a module they’ve
created and attach two prices to it. First price being a restrictive license
approach and the second and more expensive approach being a Apache license
version that allows it to be added to the purchasers installation or back to
the project if the project wishes it to be included It could even be placed
in a separate place where future users could browse and add it if they had a
need. I think this type of approach could also benefit the Dev's in allowing
them to a second stream of revenue in purchase, installation and support if
not a part of the main project.

Like I said, I was just thinking out loud and thought I'd ask. I don’t know
if it’s possible or not but it might be interesting to actually create a
marketplace for add-ons that does not exist elsewhere as far as I know.

Cheers.