Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
are the logs available like they were before for we moved to infra?
i would be glad to look at them.

broken pipes is usually to much traffic through the ajp
or
possibly your using to much of the swap file and getting slow responses
from ofbiz, are my guesses. but then again Trunk is not failing. the
difference could be the traffic.

the memory allocation(1412064 kB) is what Centos gives back for the
instance of 9.04 I am running. the command line to start 9.04 is
-Xms128M -Xmx768M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

if you give me the memory settings for trunk I will run that and tell
you what centos says it has allocated for it.
I am guessing the Unbutu will give allocate similar memory.
I am also guessing that approx 3 times the 1412064 kB is being allocated
for the trunk.
that well exceeds RAM and puts its on virtual memory or swap file.

my experience is when the swap file is on the same disk as the rest of
the apps and logs,and it is located on inside of the disk instead of the
outside, that there is hesitation in the virtual memory that causes
glitches.

not sure if you have root but you can check your swap file size both
when 9.04 is not running and when it is.
I am running 4 gigs so I am not using any swap file.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/20/2010 10:52 PM:
The stable demo currently use 650m, the trunk 1,5g. We have 2.6g at all
But as I said, I don't think it's a memory issue, just that I had/have
not enought time to scrutinize in the logs.
As I said already earlier, I saw java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
Not sure it's the original reason though...

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
I just restarted my 9.04 that has run since Apr 09 only becuase it had
increased in memeory. but it does not die.

I just increased to -Xms128M -Xmx768M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m and I show
1412064 kB used for it.

=======================

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/20/2010 1:38 PM:
I just rebooted again the stable demo. Looks like the trunk is more
stable :/
I did not have enough time to look into logs enough, but I don't think
it's a memory issue but in case of I have increased from
MEMIF="-Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
MEMIF="-Xms128M -Xmx768M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
Though it will not be used until next reboot