Hi Bruno:
I wrote an application that takes a Freemarker template, based on the mailing list id, merges it with dynamic data and sends it using the basic sendMail service to all the contact mechs associated with the mailing list id.

I mostly used existing services. What needed to be done was put together existing services in a way that made sense to an end-user managing lots of mailing lists, mailing events and email templates.

Regards,
Ruth
Find me on the web at http://www.myofbiz.com or Google keyword "myofbiz"
ruth.hoff...@myofbiz.com

Bruno Busco wrote:
Hi,
I would like to send a nicely shaped HTML newsletter to users subscribed in
a contact list.
How to do this?
Should I define a FTL file? A piece of content? And then how to make the
content being sent to the list?

Thank you very much for any pointer on something already in place OOTB or
for any suggestion on how to implement this.

-Bruno