Hi BJ,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:21 PM, BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net> wrote:

> the parts are there the business logic is not
> I see few layers of business logic
> one layer is basic to all countries
> the next layer is specific to EU contries.
> the next layer is your customization for your way of doing business.
>
> the combining of PO like a forwarder would do is not really supported
> and needs some evaluation.

I don't think combination of PO is really necessary. I think if I create
different PO using the source company with the shipping info of the
international carrier source warehouse and then create one unique PO from
the source company to the destination company that merges all the items of
the different PO created before could work. What do you think?

> it would be a agregite type of process.
> you would need, a couple of inspection and re-organization points or
> have a blanket PO to the forwared that associated the other PO.
> you could also do something with shipping groups.

May you give more details about shipping groups. I'm trying to define the
following with no success:

- I've my source company who creates a purchase order using the
international carrier. When I'm creating the purchase order I can't
associate it with a shipping group for it because the source company doesn't
have an associated store so no facility is defined. Even if I try to 'Ship
to another party' and set my international carrier doesn't work. I've
checked the code a little bit and I saw that 'shipToPartyId' field of
ShipSettings.groovy is only used when it's a sales order. May anyone tell me
if this is correct?
- I've also defined two more facilities and grouped them. One is used for
the international carrier source warehouse and the other one for the
international carrier destination warehouse and owned by the international
party. I am trying to define a shipping route but I am very stuck with it.

Thanks for your help!