Quick answer: this may help (examples)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Revisions+Requiring+Data+Migration

Jacques

Swapnil Sawant wrote:
Hi,

I have following queries while writing migration service/s :

1.       I have created two new rows in an existing entity. In this case, only
exporting data to XML should be done ?

2.       Functionality which I have implemented won't work with old data. In
that case, how migration process should be carried
out ?
For example :

-          In my implementation, I am tracking leave applications against leave
balance (i.e. before creating a leave application
,his/her current balance would be checked)
-          When an already approved leave is rejected, corresponding 'no of
leaves'(calculated using a service) gets credited
back to his/her balance
-          But,as per old data, there wont be any (stored) value for 'no of
leaves'.

-          If at all I use  above service (for calculating no of leaves from
existing dates),it will give rise to inconsistency
of data because 'calculated no of leaves' would not be calculated against some 'leave balance'
Please guide me in this context.

Thanks & Regards,

Swapnil Sawant

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended
recipient (s) If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.