From: BJ Freeman [mailto:bjf...@free-man.net]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 1:47 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help regarding migration services

here is how the Agreement model should be setup
Agreements is to specify when leaves should happen like every 6 months,
or so many hours leave for so many hours worked.

In migration, if you want a audit trail, you will need to reconstruct
the rules of how the leave was calculated for a given period.
if the rules are the same as current then there is no reconstruction
necessary.

the model for figuring leave

A service calculates and updates partybenifits.availabletime, for
partybenfits.from to partybenfits.thru, of the partybenfits.benefittype
of leave, based on the Agreement. I suggest a nightly run service to do
this.

As the partybenfits.benefittype of leave is used for partybenfits.from
to partybenfits.thru the partybenfits.availabletime field is decremented
till zero or the partybenfits.thru is reached.

if the partybenfits.thru date is past the current date, then what is
left in the available time is no longer usable. if the
partybenfits.Fromdate is a date in the future it can not be used in
calculating current partybenfits.benefittype of leave for the party.

Old leave is specified with the partybenfits.availabletime, if not all
used, with  partybenfits.from to partybenfits.thru  as to when it was
available.
using this model will not cause a conflict.

the migration service will only run once.

I have simplified the explantion for clarity.
in acutual use you will find the partyID.roletype employee
partiesrelationship.roletype employment related to agreement(s) and
partybenefits. these would be entityviews.

There is normally only one agreement,with many agreementItems. There are
many partybenefits records per partyID.roletype employee with a
partyrelatiohship.type of employement.

Hope that helps

Swapnil Sawant sent the following on 7/1/2010 8:59 PM:

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin