I apologize for giving you the wrong information.
SFA is now a working App in 9.04 and 10.4.
however the exception you received, if I understand you, is that you did not associate the correct permissions, roles. it you use admin it can access the page, so look at the roles and permission of the admin party and login. you can also look at the forecast portlet code and see what roles and permissions are needed.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 9/22/2010 1:26 AM:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/OFBiz+security

Complete and Stable mean different things
Stable means that where ever the development was a the time it was
tested and the bugs found and fixed.
Stable does not mean Complete.

The SFA used to have a message that is was a work in progress that seems
to have been removed.

to get a complete ofbiz requires a developer or yourself to complete it.

Shereen sent the following on 9/22/2010 12:26 AM:

I created a security group called sales manager and I added to it the
permission of sfa admin butI'm not able to create a forecast
it tells me that I dun have the permission to invoke the service create
forecast
the version is v911202
this problem really irritates me can someone help?
what I understand is that sfa manager have all permissions in sfa right?
although i've downloaded v9.04 but the sfa is not complete and the
permissions is not created.
v9.04 is the stable version but some staff is not completed or have they
been completed in the svn version?
from where can I get the most completed stable version 9.04?