follow the change status you will have to customize.
you will have to add statuses and the roles and or permisission of the people that can change statuses.

there was a discussion on Workflow and xpdl on the mailing list in the last 30 days. go the mailing list link from the main page and look for archive, or you can use google to search for parameters like
ofbiz workflow xpdl

Note about time, ofbiz takes years to learn, you may have to look for someone experienced that you can consult with or contract out the work you need done.

Shereen sent the following on 10/14/2010 12:58 AM:
I'm new to ofbiz developing just a week or so ago.
I need to change the order flows and customize it.
what's the best to use? workflow engine and using xpdl? or using eeca and
seca?
I have no experience in using workflows or xpdl so I'll have to learn them
first and I dont have plenty of time
I have made very simple examples using eeca and seca.
I'll give more explanation about what I want to do
For example I want the order to pass 2 approve stages not one I want the
order to be approved by the accountant and then the manager.
i.e I want to change in the stage of the order add new stages make some
stage available only under certain condition.
I read in documenation that eeca and seca are better is this true in my case
or i'll have to study xpdl and workflows to do that?
I'd be grateful for any help