In CheckOutEvents.setCheckOutPages(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)
the lines

Line 182
if (UtilValidate.isEmpty(selectedPaymentMethods)) {
        return "error";
}

prevents a message from being shown
on the "3)How shall you pay?" step of checkout
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/ecommerce/control/checkoutoptions

When "Continue to Final Order Review" is clicked, but nothing has been selected on the page.

If comment out the above lines I get "Please select a method of payment." which seems like the correct response. This issue exists in 10.04 and trunk.

Should I create a JIRA issue and provide a patch, or am I missing something about the page flow?