Thanks Paul,

I still wonder if we could not handle it a the UI level with the current data model. Since promo and shipping are for the total order (or ship groups for shipping, maybe have to check that, but I think it's ok, the same apply to each ship group) we could use the 1st simple solution you suggested and Sergei used. The UI would then handle the fact that in TaxAuthorityRateProduct you can have only one line with Tax Ship = Y or/and Tax Promo =Y. It's still a hack but at least, with your patch, even without some explanation (a simple line above the list shoud be enough) it would be easy to use and does not need a lot of effort and refactoring.

Mmm, but yes the UI would still be misleading and Tax Ship = Y.N or/and Tax Promo =Y/N should be done apart and note in TaxAuthorityRateProduct since they are not at the OrderItem level but OrderHeader and actually not related to any ProductCategory. At this stage, I must say having had a quick look at rateProductTaxCalc and getTaxAdjustments I have not a clear vision on how your new proposed solution would work.

Jacques

From: "Paul Foxworthy" <p...@cohsoft.com.au>
Hi Jacques,

The Jira is  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4160

My patch is a simple fix for shipping and promotions in the situation where
there's only one row for a given tax authority in TaxAuthorityRateProduct.

Where there are multiple rows for a tax authority and different product
categories, you can still end up with tax added only once to the shipping,
but its a bit of a hack. See my discussion in the history below from Feb 2
for more on what the patch does do, and its limitations, i.e. what it
doesn't do that would require more work.

IMHO the patch is worth having until we manage tax for per-order shipping
and promotions totally independently of product categories. I gather Sergei
ran with it to fix his immediate problem.

Since I wrote that on Feb 2, I've had one more thought about the long-term
fix for the situation. How about creating a new entity something like
TaxAuthorityRateProduct but mapping OrderAdjustmentType to tax rules? Then
we would look at this new entity to make decisions about shipping,
promotions and possibly other order adjustments.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

BTW, I vaguely remember a Jira and a patch have been created, should we
review?

From: <c.schin...@googlemail.com>
Raj, Jacques,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have found a config error
I had taken over the _NA_ Tax Authority which was configured to add
another 19 percent of VAT to my store prices.
Clearing this away helped.

Apologies for the long delay. It took a while :-)

Regards

Carsten
Gesendet mit BlackBerry® Webmail von Telekom Deutschland