As for naming all "id" fields just plain "id", it makes it far more difficult
to keep track of foreign keys. The nice thing about giving even sequenced ID
fields a somewhat unique name is that you can use that same name on other
entities/tables and have them match up automatically.

The Entity Engine does a lot with field name mapping for relationships between
entities, and there are thousands of these in the OFBiz data model, so the few
extra characters goes a long way toward making things easier to understand and
maintain.

-David