Ok I did some more study...

the website records are not required unless a related productStore is
required.

we even could go that far to say that the websiteId in the web.xml is
not required if the WebSite record is removed.

Further I do not see a relation between Tenant and WebSite

Nothing to do with general properties, what i said earlier, in there is
the VISUAL_THEME and not the VISUAL_THEME_SET

So let me know if somebody had any other objections removing the Website
record in all backend webapps.

Regards,
Hans

--