Dear OFBiz Community Member,

When I started this thread and asked you to share your thoughts on how
we are doing and how we can improve, I didn't intend it as an open
invitation to start rehashing what you feel went wrong a year or more
ago or reply with pointing fingers... Let's leave that kind of
negative energy where it was applied frequently: in the past.

My request was and is about forward looking (identify and improve) and
my only reference to the 2009 ASF Board Report was just a reference
and how we dealt with that and the transparancy regarding reporting.
And how we can improve that with small actions.

Regarding the project deserving more active PMC Members and
Committers, Jacques raised a interesting point when he said and I
quote "where to find new persons dedicated to support OFBiz in long
term at the required level".

First, It doesn't have to be 'new' people. They may be old people as
well. Nor hast it to be long term. We just need the persons to be
active and committed to support and further the project.

Secondly, the bylaws of the ASF doesn't state that it must be programmers.
In guidelines provided it is stated that the role of the PMC is to
provide oversight and not code nor coding (programming?). Guidelines
also state that "the role of the PMC is to further the long term
development and health of the community as a whole", and "to ensure
that balanced and wide scale peer review and collaboration does
happen".

That last quote is as well about how the project functions as it is about code.

I also quote from same guidelines: "Within the ASF we worry about any
community which centers around a few individuals who are working
virtually uncontested".

And I believe that is what the project is sliding into. And why we
need more active participants in the OFBiz PMC.

And if we are lucky we get active code contributors (committers) as
well. PMC Members aren't required to deliver code, they may. And they
are not expected to be exceptionally good at coding (if I interpret
ASF documents correctly), they just need to be committed to long term
development and health of the community.

Sincerely yours,

Pierre Smits