Roles are a part of it, see this page for rights organisation https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/partymgr/control/ProfileEditUserLoginSecurityGroups?partyId=admin&userLoginId=admin You get there from the user profil, look for Security Groups. From them follow the code and data. Looking into OOTB related demo data is very good way to understand stuff, often quicker than tracing code

Jacques

From: "MMA" <mailtoma...@gmail.com>
Hi Jacques,

thanks for your fast response.

Im not sure if this is exactly what i was searching for...

My intention is to restrict the access to certain catalogues on the front
end (in the ecommerce shop).
For instance, i want a un-registered user to see just our empty front page,
without any catalogues/products.
Signed-in users should see different catalogues based on new defined roles
e.g.
user 1
 "role 1"
    catalogue 1
    catalogue 3
user 2
 "role 2"
    catalogue 1
    catalogue 2

i hope that there is a possibility to do this in the backend, because i want
to generate rules as dynamic as
possible, it would be much more effort to edit all template (or similar)
files.

Is there any hint you could give me, where to start to achieve this? i
already found the possibility to bind
certain parties with a defined role to a catalogue, but i don't  see where
to define concrete rights for these
roles...

nevertheless, thank you and best regards,
Markus