Dear Nick,

I just had a quick look at http://bigfish.salmonllc.com:8082/online/shop/main.
I noticed that there are javascripts in the head of the document/
This can cause 'problems' as these javascripts block parallel downloads. While a script is downloading, the browser does not start any other downloads, even on different hostnames.
(e.g. when one  has different hostnames for downloading in parallel images)

You also might benefit from enabling compression on the webserver.

Enabling expire dates on the 'static' files (e.g. css, .js etc) will improve local caching by the browser, hence lower the amount of data that needs downloading.

Kind regards

Tore