If a level of customization is absolutely required then of course that's the way to go.

I did understand the question, if wasn't that complex. The original objective was "I'm interested in developing some personal eCom sites based on OFBiz". The beauty of OFBiz is the comprehensive data model and service layer, all great stuff. The problem is that it is not out-of-the-box-ready for building systems. BigFish solves that (for eComm) and allows the building and configuration of eCommerce sites in very short order.

Robert: either way, welcome to OFBiz!

Nick