From: Paul Piper [mailto:p...@ilscipio.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:18 AM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: BigFish Promotions

Perhaps to not further derail from poor Vitthals post
(http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Formal-Discussion-td4643139.html):

I have no problem with people advertising their own work - in fact, up to a
certain degree it helps the community. However, I think that the constant
promotion of BigFish has crossed the mark quite a bit and has come to the
point where every new member is getting greeted by a bigfish welcoming
message.

I am not trying to bash anybody’s work here, but merely pointing out that
the implementation of Bigfish is far from complete. It isn’t a simple
labeling factor either – it simply isn’t done in full. When a product
doesn’t deliver what it is supposed to do, it is false advertisement.

Again, I have no problems with anybody promoting its own work, but I also
don’t want people thinking that Bigfish = OFBiz, when in fact it is far from
it. A quick search on nabble reveals  that there have been 242 references
towards bigfish, the majority being promotional. Sorry, but that isn’t
“rarely responding with BigFish examples” in my eye. So perhaps this can be
limited somehow?