Hi folks,

I'm hoping you have some ideas as to how I can accomplish something in
OFBiz. In my other Java applications, I maintain separate properties files
for each environment I will build my application, such as "testing",
"development", "live". In these files I maintain things like database
connection strings, and other environment-specific settings.

I was able to find this mailing list post from back in April:
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Environment-Specific-Configurations-Best-practices-td4640727.html.
>From the way I understood this approach, an vanilla version of OFBiz is
stored in the SVN, and using the add-on manager, you're able to create
add-ons which will replace existing files or add new ones (in my case, this
would be properties files), as well as add in all of the custom
applications on top of the default OFBiz codebase.

This seems overkill for my needs; ideally, I would like to keep my already
existing codebase in the SVN (which already contains my hot-deploy apps)
and add the ability to designate an environment during the deployment
(test/development/live), which would put the respective property files on
the classpath. Just wondering if the add-on manager in this approach adds
any additional capabilities that would outweigh using a modified ant
script, or a custom shell script?

Additionally, if there are other approaches to solving the issue that I
haven't considered, please advise.

Thank you!