4.  Click "Approve Order" on order view page
5.  Click "Quick Ship Entire Order" in Actions screen of order view page

After step 5 a confirmation appears at the top of the page informing that a shipment was created. Two invoices are also created, one for the service and one for the demo promotion.

On 12/05/2013 07:55 PM, Skip wrote:
Give it a try on:

https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/quickShipOrder

I get exactly the same error message there as I do on my local machine.

This is for a single sv-1000 to demoCustCompany.

Skip

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Carlow [mailto:christian.car...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 11:53 AM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Cc: Skip
Subject: Re: Selling Service items

I was able to quick ship an order for SV-1000 with quantity 100 on trunk
without any errors.

On 12/05/2013 12:18 PM, Skip wrote:
If you create a product that is a SERVICE (SV-1000 for example) and then
sell one of them, how do you get an invoice from the sales screen?

Normally, you ship stuff and then you get an invoice, but when you have no
inventory associated with a product, you get no ship groups, etc as there
is
nothing to ship.  If you try to quick ship, you get an error:

ERROR: Could not complete the Issue OrderItemshipGrpInvRes to Shipment...

I am about to modify the Ofbiz code to provide for "shipping" SERVICE
items,
but I cant believe that there is not already some provision for this.

Can anyone provide and information?

Skip