>>Mysql allows PITR at the DB level, where postgresql is an all/nothing
(i.e.ALL databases) PITR recovery.  So, if you want to do multi-tenant on a
>big gigantic DB server, the way to go is mysql.

>Mike, you have probably missed an important feature of Postgres
(Write-ahead logging) which is >years ahead of Oracle and MySql in PITR.
Following articles are explain WAL feature in detail:

I'm intimately familiar with postgresql's WAL files, and their limitations.
 The WALs are system-wide, not DB specific.  You can always do a normal
dump of a postgres DB, which is a snapshot at the time of the dump, but
point-in-time recovery is different.  For example, everything was running
great until junior DBA accidentally dropped the 'user' table at 1:05PM.  A
point-in-time recovery allows you to restore to 1:04PM, right before it
happened.   If I was running a SAAS and provided that capability, then that
is an added value of that service.