I guess the buttons purpose is to indicate the last task that requires materials? I initially posted this question because I thought that the button would have to be clicked for each of the prior tasks also requiring material issuances. Instead, the button actually issues components for all tasks requiring components, not just the last task requiring issuances for which the button appears.